Nominations & Awards
The highest reward for a person's work is not what they get for it, but what they become because of it
There are four Board Member positions that will be opening up in 2016. These positions will be voted upon by the membership at the Business Meeting held during the 2016 WAA Annual Conference and Trade Show. Anyone interested in learning more about serving on a committee or as a member of our Board of Directors is encouraged to contact any member of the Board of Directors or the Committee Chair from our Contact Us page.
WAA members are
encouraged to suggest deserving award winners within the following categories:
1. Honorary Life Membership This is the WAAs most prestigious award. It is the highest form of appreciation the WAA can show to one of its members. David Graham was granted Honorary Life Membership at the 2015 WAA Annual Conference.
2. Distinguished Service Award This award is presented to an individual who has made extraordinary contributions of their time and talent to the WAA. This award was presented to Brian Pelot at the 2015 WAA Annual Conference.
3. ISA Gold Leaf Award This award recognizes deserving Arbor Day or landscape beautification projects. Urban Tree Alliance was presented with the ISA Gold Leaf Award at the 2015 WAA Annual Conference.
4. ISA Awards of Distinction This award honors recipients for their contributions to the advancement of the arboriculture industry.
5. ISA True Professionals of Arboriculture This award recognizes members and certified professionals who are role models to their peers and positively represent the profession to the public.
6. Monster Pole Saw this traveling trophy gets passed to a prominent member of
the association each year. The recipient uses the saw to prune a branch and then carves his/her name onto the pole. Rich Hauer was presented the Monster Pole Saw at the 2015 WAA Annual Conference.
Copyright © 2003- Wisconsin Arborist Association
Wisconsin Arborist Association, P.O.
Box 189, Eagle, WI 53119-0189
Phone: 1-888-WAA-5776 E-Mail: Tina Johnson.